Trying to get into two new habits at once: blogging other people’s stuff, and making these video playlists. Don’t want the daily playlist to dominate the blog, though. Now I’ve got a couple of days behind. Here’s a list of the playlists, with embeds “below the fold” as the old newsbox parlance goes.
- Dec 11 – Politics, Science, and Cake – because you have to break a few eggs in all of them.
- Dec 12 – Language warning on goose vs cows
- Dec 13 – The usual mix of politix, science, humor, and whatever, but mostly whatever.
- Dec 14 – Trump, Science, Meat eatin’, and slow-mo. What more could you ask for?
- Dec 15 – Dinosaurs, Bikinis, Fireworks, and the usual shuffle
Continue reading “Watch This! 2017-12-11 -15”
The media is mad, science in space and the oceans, opinions, and comedy (just a touch).
Dice: Lunatics of MSNBC 3:58Media Gone Mad – not as entertaining, nor as family-friendly, as Girls Gone Wild, but similar in spirit and substance.
RebelMedia: Trump’s election a “sea change” for border agents 3:10 – A country is defined by its borders.
Dice: CNN Issues HUGE Retraction After Fake Story 5:13 – I wonder, how often do they get anything RIGHT?
Southern: Why Sweden Is At War With The Family 6:46 – Lauren wonders why the family is inimical to collectivist tyranny. To ask the question (my way, anyway) is to answer it.
SciShow: How Do You Weigh Things in Space? 2:29 – How do you weigh the weightless? It’s a massive question.
SciShow: Why Don’t All Blue Whales Have Cancer? 6:04 – Science addresses that question that’s been keeping you up at night.
gooblymoo: Roy’s Food Repair 7:17 – Some comic relief h/t CBD, Ace of Spades & commenter “Emmie” http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=372898
Sargon: This Week in Stupid (10/12/2017) 26:17 – Sticking that long stuff at the end of the playlist again. That soothing smoothie Sargon always has much to say.
RSBN: Trump Speech at Mississippi Civil Rights Museum 12/9/17 15:20 – The racists can’t stop him. #winning
Science! Polly ticks! Upcoming SF! Exclamation points!
- Solar system moving through space 0:17 – Why you feel seasick sometimes.
- Woolery: Eminem 1:01 – I thought that was a candy. (Okay, even I’m not that out of pop culture.)
- Dice: Eminem Triggered by Trump 3:04 – Melts in your mind not in your heart? I dunno.
- Watson: The Truth About Jerusalem 4:46 – How many truths do you figure have emanated from Jerusalem over the millennia?
- D&S BoS: Oh Snap, Crackle & The Pop 5:20 – There will never be a shortage of candidates for the bowl.
- SciShow: Crystal Mirrors Hidden in Scallop Eyes 5:29 – Here’s a fact I might never have imagined!
- Dr Who: Christmas Special 2017 Trailer #2 0:41 – The upcoming final episode of the real Doctor Who series.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer 2:27 – Then there’s the screaming and the running… again.
- Alita: Battle Angel trailer 1:55 – Live-action SF based on anime. Probably won’t go to any effort to watch it, but the CGI looks cool and she’s pretty.
- Sargon: Culture War in Canadian Universities 50:38 – I like Sargon but in smaller doses. And when his topic is more relevant to my American interest. You watch this and tell me how it was.
O, Jerusalem! and racing marbles
Woolery: Black Friday Guns 1:01
WFB Supercut: Al-MSNBC Declares 3 Days of Rage 1:17
Ezra Levant: Trump’s Jerusalem decision triggers media 2:54
Dice: Hillary Gets Sign from God 3:24
Ozzy Man: Marble Race 2:59
Crowder: VOX REBUTTAL American Healthcare 14:22
Left the long one for the end of the list. After the cartoon. Which is the inimitable Ozzy Man.
If you haven’t seen Guardians of the Galaxy 2, one probably won’t make much sense to you.
Cream of the YouTube tonight.
Watson to Streep: Shut Up
D&S: Bowl of Stupid
Borowski: Mean Alt-Right
Shoe0nHead: Chromosome Crusaders
HISHE: Mary Poppins Starring Yondu
Politics, Entertainments, and Science in tidy ADD-friendly sizes. Video playlist.
Woolery: Blunt Force Truth
NRA: Diamond & Silk
OAN: Mueller Probe Cost
Dice: Joy Behar
Dr Who: Tom Baker reflects
Jurassic World 2 teaser